My good friend Eva devised this delicious salad using the Mint Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It’s delicious!
Minty Green Bean Salad with Walnuts and Feta
2 lbs. green beans, stemmed
3/4 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
2/3 cup red onion, chopped
3/4 cup Galantino Olia di Oliva e Menta
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, coarse chopped
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
¾ t. kosher salt or to taste
¼ t. fresh ground pepper
To prepare the mint vinaigrette:
- Add the salad dressing ingredients to a food processor and blend. (Keep sealed in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.)
To prepare the Salad:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the green beans. Cook for 3 to 3 minutes, al dente
- Plunge beans into an ice water bath to halt the cooking and when cool drain and pat dry. Wrap in paper/dish towel, then into plastic bag if preparing in advance. Can be prepared early in the day for use later.
- To serve, lay green beans on a platter, scatter with the cheese, the onion, and the walnuts. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and keep the bottle of Olio de Oli a e Menta for drizzling.
- Great summer side dish to any grilled meats or fish.